Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Quick Update

I know it's been a long time and there are too many photos to try and catch up so I'll just post a sampling from the last month.

We have been busy with all of our missionaries and we love them all. I wish I had photos of them all.

We received six new missionaries this week. All of them are excited to begin the work. Here we are at La Portada just after their arrival. Pictured are: Hermana Luna, Hermana Chen, Elder Martel, Elder Hewstone, Elder Hernandez and Hermana Burk.




On Monday night we hosted our Viejos who have completed their missions. We had dinner together and then had a wonderful testimony meeting. These strong, obedient missionaries will be missed. From my right are: Elder Roa, Elder Rivera, Elder Paco, Elder Ascensio, Elder Perez, Elder Cruz and Hermana Marin.




Last month we had Zone conferences in the mission. I made 12 batches of brownies for dessert to be served at the conferences.




We were in Iquique on a holiday and couldn't get the traditional pizza for lunch so we all enjoyed Big Macs and fries from McDonalds. No one complained about lunch. Here are Elders Cuevas, Zaracho and Recinos.




Three more happy missionaries: Elders Relei, Paco and Perez.




The sisters of Arica: Hermanas Marin, Memghini, Lindner, Coppins, Warner, Montanden, Torres and Vilche.




Elder Insaurralde.




Posing with Hermana Montandon.




It's flu season here and I was given the task of administering flu shots. Here is a sampling of my "patients."

Hermana Lindner



Elder Leaños



Elder Hall




The Calama Zone




Elder Carcamo




Elder Stone




Elder Martin




Elder Harding




Elder Solís with his good patient lollipop.




Elder Solís




Elder Halls




Last month our family visited us for a few weeks. On P-day we met with the two zones in Antofagasta for soccer. Here we are pictured with our grandson Lucas at the soccer fields.




Action shots of the soccer matches.


































Elders Lopez and Cruz.




Hermana Olivares
















Two of the Viejos who share my height. I told you I am tall here in the mission.
Pictured are Elders Rivera and Cruz.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment